Foil Blocking Environmental Credentials and Caring for the Environment
The Foil & Specialty Effects Association published a Pira International report in September 2008 confirming that a foil blocked print is ‘PULPABLE’, which is the best way of recycling paper and board. A foiled print is also ‘COMPOSTABLE’ with the thickness of foil on a finished print at just 2 to 3 microns.
Minimising the effect and caring for the environment:
- Our hot foil blocking process minimises wastage with only the minimum foil needed applied to the product.
- All foil waste is recyclable. (We are Zero 2 Landfill accredited by BPIF and Prismm Environmental at all our foiling sites)
- The metal on a foiled product is aluminium. Aluminium is the most abundant element in the earth’s crust and is well-tolerated by plants and animals. It is a naturally occurring substance.
- A foil blocked product is compostable. That is to say there is no un-recyclable polyester on the finished product.
- Blockfoil holds ISO 14001 certification.