Foil Blocking Environmental Credentials and Caring for the Environment
The metallic finishes created by foil blocking and other foiling processes use aluminium foil. (Click here to see more information about the foil we use)
The Foil & Specialty Effects Association published a Pira International report in September 2008. It confirmed that a foil blocked print is ‘pulpable’, which is the best way of recycling paper and board. A foiled print is also ‘compostable’ with the thickness of foil on a finished print at just 2 to 3 microns.
Minimising the effect and caring for the environment:
- Our hot foil blocking process minimises wastage with only the minimum foil needed applied to the product.
- All foil waste is recyclable. (We are Zero 2 Landfill accredited by BPIF and Prismm Environmental at all our sites)
- A foil blocked product is compostable. That is to say there is no un-recyclable polyester on the finished product.
- The metal on a foiled product is aluminium. Aluminium is the most abundant element in the earth’s crust and is well-tolerated by plants and animals. In short it is a naturally occurring substance.
- Blockfoil holds ISO 14001 certification.