Blockfoil started trading in 1981 – nearly 30 years ago – and has developed to become the UK’s leading specialist in foil blocking and now provides the most comprehensive range of foil blocking and embossing services to many of the large printers and packaging companies in the UK.
- 2013 - Blockfoil Manchester installs its second large format flat-bed machine, a Bobst 1260 foiling machine.
- 2012 - A second CNC engraving machine is installed for die manufacture.
Security Foiling celebrates its first 25 years with a memorable party in Norfolk.
- 2011 - Blockfoil Nottingham install a second MK 1060 flat bed foiling machine in Nottingham.
Security Foiling wins its largest MicroPOISE™ order to date for 250 machines, mainly for West Africa, followed closely by the first part of an order for MicroPOISE™ machines to be installed at all embassies around the world for a Middle Eastern country.
- 2011 - Blockfoil invested in a second MK 1060 flat-bed foiling machine for Blockfoil Nottingham.
Dies Direct invest in two CNC engraving machines for die manufacture
- 2010 – Blockfoil invested in two further MK1060 flat bed foiling machines for Blockfoil Manchester and Blockfoil Ipswich.
- 2008 - Blockfoil invested in a new MK1060 flat bed foiling machine for Blockfoil Nottingham.
- 2007 - Printafoil was sold to Reflections Print Lamination Limited and Bristol was sold to Celloglas Limited.
- 2005 - Blockfoil acquired the assets of Cotswold Laminators, an established laminating and spot UV company, in February 2005 and merged the business with Blockfoil Bristol into its current site in Clevedon, South Bristol.
- 2004 - Blockfoil was acquired by Barry Corbett and Peter Starling in March 2004 from Bridgepoint, the Venture Capitalist.
- 2001 - Blockfoil Nottingham’s factory was doubled in size to accommodate the merger with Blockfoil Leicester.
- 1999 - Blockfoil acquired Printafoil (founded in 1968) in October 1999, which was merged with Blockfoil London into Printafoil’s site on the same industrial estate in Mitcham, South London.
- 1998 - Blockfoil Nottingham was started in November 1998 based on its current site in Hucknall, North Nottingham.
- 1997 - The two London businesses, Blockfoil London and Gibson Cutting & Foiling, were merged and moved into a new site in Mitcham, South London.
- 1996 - The Blockfoil Group was bought by Bridgepoint, a venture capitalist, together with Barry Corbett and Chris Griffiths in April 1996.
- 1995 - Blockfoil Manchester moved to its current site in Middleton, North Manchester.
- 1994 - Scotfoil was started in July 1994, based in Cumbernauld, Scotland.
- 1993 - Blockfoil acquired the assets of Gibson Cutting & Foiling, an established cutting and creasing company based in Mitcham, South London.
- 1992 - Blockfoil London started in July 1992 in Chessington.
- 1991 - Security Foiling was started at Ipswich in July 1991 to concentrate on the security print market.
- 1990 - Blockfoil Bristol was started in February 1990 in Clevedon, South Bristol.
- 1989 - S. F. Services, Blockfoil’s in-house engineering company started in January 1989.
- 1988 - Blockfoil Manchester was started in October 1988.
- 1987 - Blockfoil Ipswich started its in-house die making and design studio.
- 1986 - Blockfoil Ipswich moved to its current site on Ransomes Europark, Ipswich.
- 1981 - Blockfoil started trading in March 1981 in Ipswich with three GTPs..
- 30 years foiling expertise· 20 years expertise in die making
- 20 years foiling machinery specialists
- 3 leading trade foiling factories
- 18 years specialisation in foil security
Send us your details and we will get back to you.
Send us you details and we will send you our brochure